Marfa Independent School District would like to announce that all children enrolled in the District for the 2020-2021SY will be provided breakfast and lunch free of charge.
- Snack bar for Jr/Sr High will be available.
- No strawberry milk until further notice (chocolate/white only).
- Every student eats free meals (breakfast and now lunch!)
- Socially distanced cafeteria.
- No microwaves for students in diner until further notice. Students are asked to bring food in a thermos for hot/cold holding.
- Parents/Guardians will not be able to bring food from home and drop it off at the cafeteria. Student must bring their home lunch with them when they come to school.
- PLEASE NOTE: YOUR CHILD MUST BE COUNTED AS PRESENT AT SCHOOL (INCLUDING VIRTUAL SCHOOL) IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A FREE MEAL. * If a student takes a meal and they were absent on the day they took the meal, the meal taken will be charged to the student’s meal account. *
Here is what parents/guardians need to know for the third week of school meal service and thereafter:
- PLEASE NOTE: MEAL PICK TIME FOR VIRTUAL SCHOOL: 10A to 11:00A.
- Breakfast provided in the classroom for Elementary & Jr/Sr High.
- Lunch provided in the classroom for Elementary.
- Meals provided in the cafeteria (socially distanced for in-cafeteria dining).
- Meal pick up in front of the cafeteria for virtual learners.
No FREE or REDUCED price meal applications will need to be filled out for the NSLP (National School Lunch Program) or SBP (School Breakfast Program) at the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year. You may contact Cynthia Hernandez at 432-729-5500 x 1050 for further information.
NO COST FOR MEALS!
|Breakfast/Lunch Grades 9 – 12||Free|
|Breakfast/Lunch PK – 8||Free|
|Breakfast/Lunch – Reduced Price Students||NA|
|Adult Visitors||$4.00 for Lunch|
|Adult Staff||$4.00 for Lunch|
|Additional Entrees||Varied Prices|
Breakfast is served in the classroom at 7:40am for elementary.
Breakfast is served in the classroom at 8:49am for Jr/Sr High.
All students, including PK, will not go to the cafeteria at 7:40am as in the past. Please visit with your child's campus to see where you may drop off your child at 7:40am.
As always, home lunches are welcomed, but parents are asked to please send home lunches with their child in the morning. As previously stated, no microwaves will be available in the cafeteria for students for now, so a thermos is encouraged for those items requiring hot hold.
Snack-Ateria is avialable for Jr/Sr High!
Parents are encouraged to use My School Bucks to put money in their child's meal account. My School Bucks is a useful tool that allows parents to see what their child is purchasing (once the snack bar gets rolling again) and can also send parent alerts for their child's account balance. Money in student's accounts can be used for regular lunch a la carte items and snack bar (once operating). Students are not allowed to charge snack bar items. Charges are allowed up to $25 only.
|7th & 8th||11:50A-12:30P|
|High School (9th-12th)||12:34P-1:14P|
When the School Year Ends Summer Meals Begin!
Marfa ISD’s Child Nutrition Department is funded by the US Department of Agriculture. To report civil rights violations you may contact the food service department or superintendent’s office for assistance.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: email@example.com.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.