- Responsible for teaching math subjects to middle school students using effective teaching methods including lectures, demonstrations, audio visual aids, and other materials to supplement presentations.
- Work with school principal, administration, and teacher committees to improve curriculum and teaching methods.
- Prepare course objectives and lesson plans following curriculum guidelines.
- Prepare modified lessons based on the goals of each student's Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
- Make modifications to teaching plans for special education students that are mainstreamed in the general curriculum environment.
- Assign lessons, correct homework, and administer tests to evaluate pupil progress, record the results and issue reports to inform parents.
- Keep attendance records, maintain discipline in the classroom, and meet with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings.
- Performing related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities of student organizations.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Math, Engineering or a related field followed by two years of experience as a preschool, elementary, secondary or college level teacher. Eligibility for Texas teacher licensure in math is also required.
Mail resumes to:
PO Box T
Marfa, TX 79843
Job # MREP17